Green Bay Packers have special connection with Twin Cities

The Green Bay Packers played at the old City Stadium on the east side from 1925 to 1956. Hagemeister Park was the team’s first home field from 1919 to 1922. Bellevue Park served the club in 1923 and 1924. Expanded several times, the first City Stadium on the east side had a peak seating capacity of 24,500. The East River was just a pass away from the playing field. Courtesy of the Green Bay Packers