The Thunder (2-2) travelled to Dodgeville for a pair of games on Saturday, dropping the first game 4-2 before notching an 8-5 win in game two.

After Dodgeville took a quick 2-0 lead in the opening minutes of game one, Jacob Pantini got the Thunder on the board with an assist from Joseph Danielak. The two teams played through a scoreless second period, and Adam Lemery tied the game at 2-2 early in the third.

The Ice Wolves closed the game with unanswered goals from Dalen Rickard and Sam Simms.

In game two, Simon Bowers and Jordan Carvenough tallied first-period goals, but each time the Ice Wolves answered with scores of their own. After Dodgeville’s Malachi Strompolis scored to tie the game 2-2 with 43 seconds to play in the opening period, Carvenough put the Thunder on top for good when he scored just 19 seconds later.

Carvenough opened the second period with his third goal of the game and Mason Boivin and Lemery followed with goals to stretch the lead to 6-2.

Dodgeville netted three consecutive goals to get within a strike at 6-5, but Lemery completed a hat-trick with 4:34 to play and then added a fourth goal with just over a minute remaining to cap the scoring at 8-5.

The Thunder will return to action on Friday when they travel to Green Bay.


The Bantams (7-7-1) hosted a round-robin tournament with La Crosse, Waunakee and Waupaca at the Community REC Center over the weekend. After dropping their opening game with Waunakee, the Thunder earned a rematch in the championship game after defeating both La Crosse and Waupaca.

That opening game was a 6-2 loss to Waunakee. Two goals from Blue Haley were not enough to overcome a 34-shot barrage from the Wildcats who scored three goals in the first period, one in the second and two more in the third.

The Thunder responded to that loss by shutting out Waupaca 6-0. Haley and Damien Winterbottom each scored twice while Mason Kodric and Brayden Rounds each added a goal and an assist to the attack. PeeWee goalie Ethan King notched his first victory and first shutout at the Bantam level by stopping all 23 shots he faced.

On Sunday, the Thunder secured a spot in the tournament’s championship game with a 5-2 win over La Crosse. The Flames notched the first goal of that game with 12:55 to play in the second period, but the Thunder nullified a slow start with goals from Haley and Rounds in the second period.

Rounds added a second goal in the third period and Addy Johnson put two more on the board to stretch the score to 5-1 before La Crosse notched a late score.

Avery Waloway stopped 20-of-22 shots to pick up the win in goal.

The Championship game was a rematch with Waunakee and unfortunately the Thunder couldn’t overcome a steady Wildcat offense that got off 39 shots while earning the tournament title. The lone Thunder goal in an 8-1 loss came from Haley who tied the game at 1-1 midway through the first period. The Wildcats found the net four times in the second period and added three more in the third.

The Bantams will return to action on Sunday when they travel to Fon du Lac.


The PeeWee’s (9-10) defeated the Green Bay 12U Girls A-team 6-2 on Friday and dropped both ends of a doubleheader at Tomahawk on Sunday.

On Friday, Wyatt Denny notched an early goal and Courtney Campbell scored off an assist from her brother Collin to make in 2-0 after the first period.

Logan Sakovitz opened the third period with a goal assisted by Connor Radtke before Green Bay got on the board.

Chase Nerat closed the second period with a goal off an assist from Chuckie Bird. Green Bay started the third period with an early goal, but Nerat answered that with a goal off an assist from Collin Campbell who later capped the scoring with an empty netter in the final minute.

Ethan King handled duties in the net and recorded 16 saves against 18 shots.

On Sunday, the Thunder took on a strong Tomahawk team and fell with scores of 11-0 and 12-3.

The PeeWee’s will hold their home tournament this coming Friday, Saturday and Sunday at the Community REC Center.


The Thunder Squirts (11-11-2) hosted Green Bay’s Squirt B-team at the Community REC Center on Sunday, falling with scores of 4-2 and 5-1.

In game one, Green Bay’s Vander Pucha scored just six seconds into the contest. Connor Eastman got the Thunder within a goal at 2-1 with 5:10 to play in the second period. The Bobcats pushed ahead 3-1, but the Thunder pulled their goalie late and made it a one-goal game with a goal from Owen Shaffer with 1:09 remaining.

The Thunder pulled their goalie again in the final minute and a quality shot was turned away by Green Bay’s Gavin Blodgett before the Bobcats closed the game with an empty netter.

In game-two, Jack Aftanas scored the lone Thunder goal in the third period, while Blodgett recorded 11 saves to secure the 5-1 win for Green Bay.

The Squirts will return to action this Friday-Sunday when they host their home tournament at the Community REC Center.